Asking: $390,000 ($195k per side)
Accepted offer: $378,000 ($189k per side)
Negotiated offer: $378,000
Rented: $1475 and $1450 /mo. – $2925/mo. total
- Outstanding duplex with excellent returns!
- Each side has 2158 square feet
- Main floor master
- All new flooring has been installed on both sides
- Low maintenance exterior with brick front and vinyl siding
- Newer roof
- Both sides have long term leases in place
- SDI investor submitted and offer, and had an inspection done but decided he wants a house with fewer issues
- Both sides are rented
- Repair list was submitted to the seller who responded to it below
The following reports are available for the property:
- Inspection Report
- Wood Destroying Insect Report
Note: new buyer can either purchase the existing report from the previous investor for 50% or conduct a new report.
1830 Wilkerson Cir – Buyer request based on the inspection report
Seller’s response in CAPS
- Licensed Exterminator to correct the rodent issue and any bug issues. YES
- Termite treatment. Need to also bring a structural professional to determine the extent of structural damage if any. YES
- Correct downspouts to 6 foot away from foundation. YES
- Take care of birds’ nests in wall vent and put a metal mesh so that they cannot return (Item 2.7.1 in report). YES
- Take care of mold and repair the issue by certified professional. YES
- Qualified foundation company to epoxy cracks in the basement, make other corrections as necessary. Professional to evaluate the moisture intrusion in concrete cracks at basement, evaluate and remedy, heaving/settling in basement and fix chipped concrete (Items 4.22,4.23, 4.24, 4.25). WILL EPOXY CRACKS IN WALL. WILL NOT EVALUATE HEAVING/SETTLING. NOT SIGNIFICANT IN MY OPINION. WOULD BE BUYERS DETERMINATION IF THEY WANT TO HAVE EVALUATED.
- Replace all HVAC units (Boiler, AC, Heating). Item 6.2.1 and 6.2.2. AC gas should be R410-A Free-On. NO
- Ac concrete pad to be leveled. YES
- Add Insolation on refrigerant line. YES
- Properly seal refrigerant line when penetrating the siding YES
- Replace condensers NO
- Licensed roofer to examine roof and make corrections as needed. Provide all documentation. Loose flashing at roof vents and other penetrations needs to be fixed to avoid leaks by professional roofing contractor (Item 2.4.1 in report). YES
- Licensed electrician to examine both electric panels and make necessary correction ground and neutrals need to be isolated and double and more taps/lugging need to be separated). Provide all documentation. An electrician declaration that the electricity is up to code is requested. WILL HAVE PANEL DOUBLE TAPS EVALUATED. WILL NOT BRING ENTIRE BUILDING UP TO CURRENT CODE. MET CODE WHEN IT WAS INSTALLED.
- Licensed plumber to replace the main shut off connection and replace tpr valve that is leaking. Item 7.1.1 and 7.1.2 WILL BE REPAIRED. NO NEED FOR LISC PLUMBER.
- Owner to provide location of cleanout for the main sewer pipe. IF AVAILABLE.
- Repair wood rot on the exterior part of the home. Item 8.4.1 WILL HAVE CONTRACTOR EVALUATE.
- Qualified deck contractor to evaluate deck and make needed repairs to include sealing and staining. NO
- Evaluate structural adequacy – get structural certification. NO
- Replace bowing deck post. YES
- Replace dryer vent covers and electrical dryer. YES TO VENT COVER. NOT SURE WHAT ELECTRICAL DRYER IS.
- Replace broken or missing electric plates. All over the house. YES
- Replace windows with broken seals. NO EVIDENCE OF MOISTURE BETWEEN PANES.
- Replace bathrooms vents that are not currently operating. YES
- Correct leaking shower/bath. Paint after fix is done. YES
- Correct dripping faucets. YES
- Properly vent bathroom exhaust 11.4.2 in inspection. YES
- Kitchens, repair microwave handle, replace hood lights, Fasten stove with an anti-tip bracket, repair/replace leaking garbage disposal. YES
- All bathroom fans and other exhausts need to terminate above roof and to be flashed correctly to avoid leaks (item 3.7.1). YES
- Seal all cracks on driveway and back patio YES
- Door from Garage to inside needs to have self closing hinges
- $5,000 should be carved out for deep cleaning for the tenant that has pets TENNANT HAS BEEN CONTACTED TO CORRECT ISSUE.
- Item 10.6.2 – repair leak and ensure that there is no mold in ceiling at lower level (unit 30). YES